Friday, April 24, 2009

Deadliest Warrior, Apache vs Gladiator

What apache has going for him:
Close: Tomahawk
Mid Range: -Knives, knives and more knives up to 20 knives
Far: Bow and arrow
Special Weapon: War Club (a stick with a rock on the end)

What Gladiator has going for him
Close: Scissor & Cestus(glove with spikes)
Mid range: Trident and Net
Far: Sling
Special Weapon: Sica (long bent sword)

I liked this epidsode, it was the first episode. I don't see anything unusualy in this battle. What made it for me really was the knives and the apache's skill with them.

These two would more likely meet up in an arena than in a forest. An Apache would more likely meet a roman soldier if they were actually at war with Rome. But lets go with what we got. If the Sling hits you from long range then it will kill you provided it hits your head. However, it is very inaccurate and if I were a gladitor I don't think I would drop my shield and load up a sling if I saw an Apache with his bow and arrow.

From mid range the gladiator can keep back the apache with the long trident, which is quite deadly and the net. However, this is a real loser for the gladitor. Holding the net and trident means he has no shield to protect him from flying tomahawks and knives which are down right deadly from within 20 feet.

On the surface a gladtior seems like he can put up a fight against an Apache however in deeper analyst, there is no chance for the gladiator. He can't win from far, I'd rather have a bow over a sling anyday and he can't win from close because the apache will hit him with flying weapons. There is nothing that the gladitor can even throw to hurt the apache. It doesn't surprise me hear. Gladitors were not warriors, they were entertainers. Put 2 men condemened for death in a battle to the death using gruesome weapons, well its entertainment not made for effiecient killing.

No comments:

Post a Comment